Radiographer job at Sigma Consulting
Sigma Consulting – Our client, a newly opened medical diagnostic centre located in Ikeja, Lagos, that seeks to provide world class diagnostic services, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
- Deadline: 19 February, 2019
Reporting to: Country Director
- Our client is looking for a full-time Radiographer (who will also double as a community health worker) whose job description will include among others capture images of organs, bone, and tissue for patient diagnosis, preparing and safely positioning patients in order to get the most accurate images
- Developing guides and procedures for each client call across the country
- assess patients and their clinical requirements to work out which radiographic techniques to use
- perform a range of radiographic examinations on patients to produce high-quality images
- take responsibility for radiation safety in your work area, including checking equipment for malfunctions and errors
- manage referrals to ensure patients receive a radiation dose as low as reasonably possible
- supervise visiting staff and patients in radiation work areas
- help in more complex radiological examinations, working with doctors such as radiologists and surgeons
- provide support and reassurance to patients, taking into account their physical and psychological needs
- supervise radiography and imaging support assistants
- keep up to date with health and safety guidelines, including ionizing radiation regulations, to protect yourself and others by following NNRA guidelines.
- Degree in Radiologic Technology or Radiology (3-5 years), Radiographer with vast knowledge of Mammography.
Competencies – Specificity:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly t customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Oral Communication – Responds well to questions; participates in meetings, excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to explain procedures to patients
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
- Ethics -Treats people with respect; upholds organizational values.
- Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Cross-Cutting Core Competencies:
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Motivational Interviewing and Communication Skills
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Skills
- Ethics, Human Rights and Professionalism
- Preventing and Addressing Provider Stress and Burnout
- Leadership Development (including Project Management)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Interested and qualified? Go to Sigma Consult career website on www.sigma.ng to apply